Monday, January 23, 2012

Lousy Company

I've been lousy company the last couple days. You know how sometimes you just need a break from someone. That's how I've felt about myself.

Yesterday I went to Corpus Christi. I heard they had a great aquarium, so I went there first. I was a bit disdainful toward the exhibits. I have had the advantage of seeing many sea creatures in their natural habitat, and sizable numbers. I wasn't impressed. But I had a great time watching the dolphins playing. I still want to swim with the dolphins. It's on my list. I made a point of seeing the otters (2) and sea turtles (3). I had to hang around a few little kids to get some of the enthusiasm back. Then I went to the art museum, one of my favorite activities. After entering, I saw picture after picture of fish. Eventually, I saw pictures with other subjects, but I really didn't want to hang around with myself any more. And I didn't want to see any more pictures of fish. I felt I was in the middle of "Field and Stream," not an art museum.



 
 

 Today, I had planned to see the sights in Rockport, but had lost my enthusiasm. The maritime museum sounded good. After I had read away the morning I drove down to Rockport Harbor and drove by the Maritime Museum. I just couldn't get the desire to see another museum. I walked around the harbor and looked at the boats and water. I came to the FREE aquarium, and stepped inside. Yes, I was surprised too. Checking out their small exhibits, I saw a fish I had never seen before - and it looked very strange. So, I learned something new. Check out the picture. Do you know what this fish is?


Since I came back to the coast, I have been traveling through attractive little towns, and visiting pretty beaches. I have also been on roads crossing over the water. I don't take pictures when I'm doing this in the car, for a number of reasons. Oh yeah, safety too. But my love of the sea is certainly being appeased by this area. I also took another highway ferry, which I enjoyed. When I was a kid, my mother always liked to go on "Sunday drives." GROAN! And on the way home we always stopped so the guys could fish, Mom could read, and I could complain. Well, I have turned into my mother. I love driving through all these places - and not just on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment