Friday, August 19, 2011

Houdini foiled


As I mentioned before, Skittles has become an expert at escaping. Tonight, when I was registering for a site, Skittles was plotting. When I opened the truck door, she was on the floor and ran, trying to get through my legs. I got hold of her cat hindquarters - no, I didn't grab her by the tail - and told her in no uncertain words what I thought about her trying to escape. I mean, heavens, as soon as we got to our site, I was going to let her out. Unsatisfied with that answer, she proceeded to bite me on my arms. BUT.... I was able to put/shove her into her new, hard plastic carrier. I just bought it yesterday, and also used it successfully last night. She can't get out of it  --  at least not yet!!!

I had a soft carrier for her that lasted a while. But then, she learned how to unzip it, and tore apart the insides, so into the trash it went. I bought a different soft case - why, I don't know. She immediately was able to unzip it, and then the second day, it was taking her too long to unzip it, so she just tore through the nylon.

Yesterday, I really wanted to buy another sturdy nylon one. It's lighter and doesn't hurt if you stub your toe on it. It doesn't own the space it takes, but shares it. But, it zipped, and had 2 nylon mesh pieces I was sure she'd get through in less than a minute.

So, the hard plastic case. Ha! Ha! Ha! This means an end to the nightly terrors, and a way to ensure she stays in the rig when I need her to do so. Do you think cats can learn how to use both paws at the same time to spring the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment