Thursday, June 23, 2011

What a beautiful day!!!!!

I decided to take a detour to travel through Banff and the Canadian Rockies. At Banff I took a gondola to the top of one of the mountains. Beautiful scenery, and a family of mountain goats at the top. Driving through the mountains, at every turn I exclaimed to Skittles, "Look at that!! It's beautiful!!! Of course, she paid me no mind since she was in her normal seat under the couch, but I don't want you to think I was talking to myself. And animals - I saw so many I stopped pulling over to take pictures - big-horned sheep, mountain goats, moose, and a bear. What a day! I am so grateful I have this opportunity!!



Today I'm going to a hot springs. I never thought of these as something I wanted to do until Linda and I went to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. I hope today's is half as nice. BTW, Linda, I found a new vacation trip for us - 6 day trip by horseback. Get your bedroll ready!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember going to Banff and Lake Louise with Ken @ 19 years old. We took his old truck over the Rockies in the winter to ski in BC. What a trip, what scenery, and the wildlife was everywhere. I find myself very envious of you. You have brought back old memories fresh to my mind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what beautiful pictures. Gorgeous! Hope you are having fun ~ Be safe love you!

    Kirsten :-)

    ReplyDelete