Sunday, June 19, 2011

Out of the Country

I crossed the border today. The flooding is also in Canada. A number of campgrounds are flooded out. I found one near Regina, SK, which is open, but has huge puddles, depressions. And it's raining. I got stuck in a town today with lots of roads closed (under water), and couldn't find my way out. I was leaving because all the campgrounds close by were closed. I have seen some houses and businesses under water.


In the morning, I checked on the internet for Canada's specs on diesel gas, since I wanted to be sure I was buying low sulphur diesel, and then went to a nearby gas station to be sure they had it, and to get some Canadian money. When I left in my Focus, I drove down this road with huge muddy ruts. When I came back, I drove down a better road and through the drive-through site beside me, now empty, and made a turn on the grass. I thought driving on the grass would be safe, but NO. The grass was so full of water that I got stuck. A nice fellow beside me pushed me free. I left huge ruts in the grass. I've included a picture to the back of my site. The owner had a good attitude, saying, "It could be much worse".

No comments:

Post a Comment